Thursday 29 March 2012

Application of New Zealand Working Holiday Visa for Malaysian

I came across New Zealand working holiday visa through my friend. I was thinking why don't I give it a green light since I am still under 30 heh :P. I have been doing research of this working holiday since March 2011 and been waiting anxiously for the Immigration New Zealand to release the quota (1150 persons). I was so nervous since December 2011 because usually they only release the quota at the beginning of January each year.

This year they released on 4th January, 2012. You couldn't imagine how crazy am I keke.. I woke up at 5am (NZ time - 10am) just to grab a place for myself & also Ampo. You must be wondering who is this Ampo, right? Actually she was a friend of mine in facebook and we found each other in the New Zealand working holiday group. We eventually planned to go NZ together but I gave her "747" (aeroplane) keke.

After a few days, everyone getting their visas approved and I was still waiting :(.... and kept me waiting till ........12th January 2012...wakakakaka... (VISA APPROVED!!!) The visa cost me approximately RM350.


Here is the direct link for you to read the requirements before you apply.
www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/malaysiaworkingholidayscheme.htm


What do you need to prepare before the quota release? 
  •  Make sure your passport valid more than 2 years.
  •  Credit card for payment (no payment, no visa)

BUT BUT BUT I have a problem with my passport no. (never take the advice from the seniors)... You should renew your passport first before apply this visa. I was supposed to fly in March, 2012 but I postponed it to next year January (of cause before my visa expired date). My passport valid until May, 2013. How am I going to NZ with just 5 months passport validity?

I knew I have to do something. At first, I was in dilemma, asking people around the facebook, emailing INZ Singapore, tried to call INZ SG too but still I couldn't solve my problem. INZ Sg forwarded my email to INZ in NZ and from that day onwards, I emailed my case officer directly with my passport's copy for UPDATING my new passport number in my e-visa, and please email them nicely in your content ya... After 3 days, my new passport number has been updated in my e-visa after 3 months. weehheeee..

No comments:

Post a Comment